Until I get those folder labels I should have ordered with the folders (duh!), I’m going to mark the folders with little dots–pink for scanned letters; green for transcribed letters. Today, I’m doing an assembly line chore of scanning letters and placing them in folders, as well as creating the database file for each one. At first I did the whole process per letter, but the transcribing is the task that slows everything down, and I really want to get them out of the envelopes and scanned.
13 July 2020: This process worked for a while when I was scanning a lot and putting off transcribing them into pages on the site. I’m not sure at what point I went into scanning several letters, creating drafts of pages with the scanned letters, then transcribing that bunch, but it worked better and kept me on track.